2023 Health Policy Forum
Health Technology: Opportunities for Advancing Health Equity and Improving Patient Outcomes
As healthcare continues to evolve rapidly, it’s more important than ever to stay ahead of the curve and understand how technology can be leveraged to improve patient outcomes and promote health equity. This year’s forum, sponsored by CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, will bring together a diverse group of experts from the business community, local healthcare providers, industry leaders, and government representatives to share insights, discuss emerging trends, and explore opportunities for collaboration.
Whether you’re a healthcare provider, business owner, policy maker, or simply interested in the future of healthcare, this is an event you won’t want to miss. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from thought leaders in the field and gain a deeper understanding of the latest trends and innovations in healthcare technology, including how technology or digital health can help address disparities and drive better health and wellness in both urban and rural communities.
Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Ricardo Johnson, Executive Vice President for Strategy and Emerging Businesses, CareFirst
- Mila Kofman, Executive Director, DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority (DCHBX)
Moderator: Charlene MacDonald, Chief Government Affairs Officer, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Councilmember Christina Henderson, Director – Committee on Health, DC Council
- Lauren Hedinger, Vice President of Strategic Solutions (Socially Determined).
- Deon Norals, President & CEO, iHealth Innovative Solutions
- William Sheahan, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, MedStar Health, and Executive Director, MedStar Institute for Innovation
- Dr. Anneta Arno, Director – Office of Health Equity, DC Health