Committees & Workgroups
The DC Chamber’s Committees and Workgroups open up avenues for members to serve as a voice within and for the Chamber, while providing a forum for collaboration on business issues and a path to building business-to-business relationships.
The DC Chamber’s Government Affairs committee, made up of Chamber member representatives, supports the prioritization of and informs much of the organization's advocacy activities.
Both regulatory and legislative issues that impact the broader business community and the Chamber's policy agenda are regularly discussed and brought to the Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee for feedback and recommendations. It is during these meetings that the Committee analyzes issues and would make determinations that guide the Chamber’s positioning.
During the Calendar Year the Committee will focus its efforts on:
- Executing on the Chamber’s Public Policy Framework and Priorities to include advocacy and other strategies to influence public policy outcomes favorable to chamber members and the greater business community
- Assisting the DC Chamber leadership in identifying and developing informed policy positions that align with its mission and Public Policy Framework and Priorities coupled with strategic outreach and support from committee working groups and taskforces.
- Keeping members informed of major issues, policy developments, and key events through variety of communications channels.
- Help recruit and retain Chamber members. Through its Ambassador Program, the committee serves as the welcoming arm of the DC Chamber, promotes new member participation and continues the DC Chamber’s strategy to increase membership.
- Recommend member program curriculum and new member discount programs.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Deliver and execute proactive solutions to Chamber members in two major areas of expertise:
- Rebrand and provide wellness initiatives for the Chamber, helping to reduce business costs for members.
- Proactively advance policy issues that can benefit the health community in the District.
SMALL BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Organize the forum on behalf of small business members to provide the DC Chamber President and CEO with unique insight and perspective on the challenges and opportunities of the small business owner/operator.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Support the DC Chamber’s international programming. Encourage the involvement, participation and outreach to international communities and companies.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT DEVELOPMENT
- The focus of the DC Chamber Workforce Development Committee will be to identify ways a skilled and local workforce can benefit DC businesses. Using (1) Education, (2) Training, and (3) Connections, as the major themes/components of the committee's work the DC Chamber's role is amplified as a convener of value creation and getting young people more job ready.
- The purpose of the retail group will be to identify the top obstacles for retail establishments in the District: workforce development, government relations, workforce crime, taxes and impending fees, compliance concerns mandated by the District Government, fleet, pest control and developing issues specific to the industry.
We welcome your participation in these important committees and workgroups.